Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Million and Two snatches, give or take nearly a million

Wanted to do something with a light weight today, and also to prepare for the June RKC, so I just decided to do a bunch of snatches with the 16kg and see what happened.

Here's what happened, and it was harder than I'd expected:

15:15 (15 seconds snatching, 15 resting) with 6 snatches per round for 35 rounds. Total of 210. Then my form and breathing got ugly. This was a really interesting practice--not a brutal workout, but hard. Almost more of a mental hard than physical. I'll definitely be coming back to this at least once a week until June's RKC.

In other news, I just finished reading a horrific teen book called Living Dead Girl. I can't remember who it's by and don't want to look it up. If any librarians happen to be reading this, this is the book to force on all those morbid teens who are always asking for A Child Called It and The Burn Journals. HP Lovecraft was no laugh riot, but tentacles and gibbering fishmen are nowhere near as depressing as abuse.

1 comment:

  1. Brains and brawn? It's really not fair Josh! I can't think of a cooler job than librarian either! It sounds like everything is going well for you. Keep up the muscles!

    ReplyDelete