Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dinosaur Training

Just finished reading Dinosaur Training by Brooks Kubik. Can't recommend it enough. You can get a copy off of the Dinosaur Training website for cheap. It's an easy read but a lot of fun, with a ton of great information about old-time training methods. Brooks is a brilliant guy who is also incredibly strong. His comments about the mullets and the gym bunnies made me laugh on every page.

Check it out if you're looking to shake up your program or make it harder.

2 comments:

  1. I don't mind mullets too much. Easy to ignore. The ones that drive me crazy are the gym bunnies. I had two of them last week standing right next to the squat rack hugging and carrying on while I was trying to change plates and lift. They were there for 15 minutes, not 3 feet from me while I was trying to maintain focus. I was going to ask them to back off a little, but I am always afraid of coming acrossed as a dick. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree Marty. I'm personally not bothered by the Mullets or the Prancing Princesses. But Brooks has a way of saying things and describing them that cracked me up on every page.

    ReplyDelete